Sunday, September 10, 2006

Okay, A Few More....

It's amazing what one can find on Youtube if you put your mind to it. Focusing on heroes past, here's a crazy assortment:

1. Fela Kuti - Live!



2. Tom Ze - a documentary of sorts, but in Portuguese (there's 3 parts). Still an amazing find.



3. Bill Withers - live performance of "Grandma's Hands" and "Use Me"



4. Timmy Thomas - "Why Can't We Live Together?" I'm not sure why, but they've interspliced his live performance (which I'm not all together sure is live - it sounds lipsynced) with a girl dancing in a bikini and fur boots.



5. Curtis Mayfield - live performance of "Keep on Keeping on." Was actually pretty easy to find, but here ya go:



6. Nina Simone - somebody went and uploaded a full show of her's from 1962. "I Loves You Porgy" always makes me want to openly weep, and I've never heard this extrapolated live version before.


That should keep you folks busy. Hep me up to more in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment