Monday, October 30, 2006

New Found Civic Pride

Despite having settled into everyday life, there's still a few things about Vancouver that catch me off-guard and really make me glad to have moved here.

For instance, who knew that they let people buy fireworks during the last few days of October? I'm a bit of a fireworks virgin - you couldn't buy them readily in Calgary - save for the odd Roman candle when I was in high school. That said, I bought $40 worth of fireworks, with great names like "Cherry Blaster" and "Widow Maker."

The other great find? This logo:
Aside from the fact that it's for a chain of pizza/omelette joints, the logo is a friggin' VOMITING Pac-man. Too many power pellets, it'd seem. God, I love this place.



(Bonus: Anybody remember the 80's Pac-man cartoon? Here ya go.)

No comments:

Post a Comment